Ok, so I got it wrong. In my last post, I discussed an exciting future of depth sensing, environment learning devices, but it was not to be!
My Favourite of the Two – The 5X
In terms of how the 5X stacks up against its nearest competitors, Mashable has done a great job of comparing it against the iPhone 6S, Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, and others. Key points that stand out are:
- Largest Screen size at 5.2 inches (6P is a 5.7-inch WQHD display)
- Beats or equals all but one phone for resolution (1,920 x 1,080)
- Lightest of those compared
- 4K recording
- Fingerprint sensor – for that all important Android Pay
- USB Type-C charging port
- Always on voice detection, even when the screen is off
- A new Android Sensor Hub – this excites me a lot!
- …and of course Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Now on Tap, new permissions model, shortcuts prediction engine, and a lot more)
I’ll be writing a more detailed post soon on how the sensor hub, combined with Marshmallow opens up some interesting opportunities. In the meantime, if you have an urgent desire to pre-order the devices in the UK, here’s the pricing: